High & Cross Sts, Fountain Park
Chestertown, MD. 21620
On Saturday mornings from 8 am to noon beginning about the third Saturday in March and ending about the last Saturday before Christmas in December, located in beautiful Fountain Park in the heart of downtown Chestertown, on Maryland's Eastern shore you'll find wonderful fresh home grown produce, herbs, breads, soaps, plants and cut flowers as well as the hand-crafted works of local artisans.
A reduced vendor participation, no artisans, Winter Market remains open throughout the winter, weather permitting.
For the 2016 Season the Artisans will return April 16th.
Benefits of shopping at the Farmers Market
▪ The fruits and vegetables are grown locally and picked when perfectly ripened. This enhances the taste, texture, and aroma of the produce.
▪ Our existing system of food transportation and distribution requires enormous amounts of energy and resources. Before reaching your table, the average food item in the United States will travel 1,300 miles! In fact, only about 10% of the fossil fuel energy used in the world’s food system is used for production. The other 90% goes into packaging, transportation, and marketing of the food. All this inefficiency creates many environmental problems.
▪ Shopping at the Farmers Market benefits the local farmer and strengthens your local community.
▪ Since our selection is picked at the peak of the season, nutrients, and phytochemicals will be more abundant. Hippocrates said, “Let food be your medicine.”
▪ Shopping at our market brings you in contact with some of the most extraordinary artisans and craftsmen on Maryland's Eastern Shore.